I need rb and sb FT programs

RAMontante bobmon at iuvax.cs.indiana.edu
Sun Jul 9 06:08:51 AEST 1989

cleon at walt.cc.utexas.edu (455618606 mcnaught) <14931 at ut-emx.UUCP> :
-
-  Could someone please tell me how to get the source for the rb and sb
-(receive batch and send batch) programs? I'm pretty sure they're public domain,

"rb" and "sb" are just links to "rz" and "sz", by Chuck Forsberg.
(I believe the rb/sb names force use of ymodem-batch; otherwise rz/sz
default to starting out with zmodem, and "falling back" to ymodem or
xmodem as necessary.)  They are not public domain, but are freely
available.  Forsberg also sells MSDOS programs that use zmodem.  I get
far higher performance out of zmodem (and ymodem) than out of kermit
(although kermit can tolerate 7-bit protocols where x/y/zmodem need 8-bit).

rz/sz is archived at simtel20, among other sites.  It may be in
pd:<zmodem>, or pd:<unix.zmodem>, or maybe pd:<msdos.zmodem>; I don't
recall where at the moment.  The latest edition I've noticed is dated
0525 (1989)