Where does TeX live?

Chris Torek chris at mimsy.UUCP
Fri Jul 14 15:06:37 AEST 1989

In article <8638 at attctc.DALLAS.TX.US> nasa at attctc.DALLAS.TX.US
(Daniel Poirot) asks:
>Where does TeX live?  We have MicroTeX on the PC in the lab and would like
>it on the big VAX.  I have found several documents that talk about TeX but
>none that say where an archive site is located.

Unix-specific (aha, proper newsgroup! :-) ) ports of TeX are available
for a tape handling fee from the University of Washington.  The current
version of TeX is 2.9<something> and compilation is by converting the
Pascal output from Tangle into C code; this process is considerably more
portable than the original Pascal-compilation sequence.

According to `finger':
	[cs.washington.edu]
	Login name: mackay    			In real life: Pierre MacKay
	For UnixTeX questions, call (206) 543-6259