Is there any wordprocessor in unix

Todd Merriman todd at stiatl.UUCP
Sat Jul 15 03:25:36 AEST 1989

In article <1989Jul11.192542.13711 at eci386.uucp> clewis at eci386.UUCP (Chris Lewis) writes:
>   WP's (eg: wordstar, msword, wordperfect, etc.) don't have "fancy
>   fonts".  They can lay out Courier fonts okay, but have very
>   limited capabilities with proportional - especially with multiple
>   point sizes.

The above statement is not true.  I am licensed with MS-Word 5.0,
and downloadable fonts are handled quite elegantly on supported
printers (such as LaserJet II, as I have).  You also have the
additional capability of viewing the layout of your document
before you print it.  Comparing MS-Word to *any* Unix word
processor is folly:  it is so superior that it is incomparable.

   ...!gatech!stiatl!todd
   Todd Merriman * 404-377-TOFU * Atlanta, GA