How do you make a shared library unshared?

Jeffrey Kegler jeffrey at algor2.UUCP
Sun Jul 9 06:38:58 AEST 1989

My vendor for X has given me just a shared library version of the X
library.  GNU emacs is not fond of shared libraries.  We are talking
Intel (formerly Bell Tech) S5R3.2 and X11R3, if it matters.

Is there a way for me to make the shared library unshared without
access to source?  I could try asking Intel for the unshared version,
of course, but thought the question of unsharing shared libraries
more interesting for the moment.
--

Jeffrey Kegler, President, Algorists,
jeffrey at algor2.UU.NET or uunet!algor2!jeffrey