SCCS vs RCS under emacs

Bill Leonard bill at ssd.harris.com
Thu Jul 6 03:05:50 AEST 1989

I have a package of E-lisp code I wrote for GNU Emacs that uses SCCS files
as a sort of combination "backup" and history-keeping mechanism.  The way
it works is I keep a directory called .history in some easily-found location;
when I edit a clear-text file, the package automagically does a 'get' on the
corresponding SCCS file in the .history directory and does a 'delta' when
I kill the buffer (after asking me to enter a Comment).

The package does its stuff automatically by replacing the key bindings for
find-file and kill-buffer.  It has lots of customization capability also.

Since it is rather large, I'd rather not post it, but if you are interested,
E-mail to me.  If I get a large response, I'll post.
--
Bill Leonard
Harris Computer Systems Division
bill at ssd.harris.com or hcx1!bill at uunet.uu.net