NSF startup info

Lee Sailer UH2 at PSUVM.BITNET
Tue Jul 11 00:19:43 AEST 1989

I'd like to learn about using NFS, administering an NFS network, and how
it works.  What are the best places to start?  I have very indirect access
to a network of SUNs (they are 200 miles away, but I can remotely login
to them) and might be able to get access to a lab of SGI's (which aren't
set up yet).  I'll read the relevant man pages, but as you know, they
often assume that the reader already understands the history and culture
of the application.  I need to know *why* things are done the way they
are done more than I need to know the behavior of some little used
option.

Please use Email.

Thanks