A vigorous getty

Robert Seals rds95 at leah.Albany.Edu
Fri Jul 28 05:56:30 AEST 1989

Hello,

Every once in a while, my system does this strange thing where
getty starts taking mucho cpu cycles. For example, right now there
are 2 gettys taking up 90% of the machine cycles. All the other gettys
look normal, i.e., they're just sitting asleep. Killing the offenders
just spawns a couple new ones, of course; if I turn the offending
lines off in /etc/ttys and then kill the processes, they still come back.

Does anybody have any clues as to why and/or how to get rid of em?

It's Ultrix 1.2 on a uVax II.

anks,
rob