Is there any wordprocessor in unix

Bo Thide' irf at kuling.UUCP
Sat Jul 8 00:47:12 AEST 1989

In article <248 at arnor.UUCP> uri at arnor.UUCP (Uri Blumenthal) writes:
>From article <4856 at macom1.UUCP>, by larry at macom1.UUCP (Larry Taborek):
>> From article <7868 at bsu-cs.bsu.edu>, by mysore at bsu-cs.bsu.edu (Swamy Bale):
>>>    Just wondering, is there any word processor utility in UNIX bsd 4.2
>>>
>> Yes, its called 'vi'.
>>
>Great. And it has all those fancy fonts, it can format the text in
>two columns and make a lot of other things usual WP's do? Or you'll
>tell that I need also troff, fonts for it (who knows where from),
>special previewer and so on?
>
>Uri.

We bought the UNIX release of 'WordPerfect' for one of our HP9000/300
boxes running HP-UX.  It's really the 4.2 version but it utilizes the
fact that it runs in a UNIX environment and therefore has extra capabilities
compared to the PC version (up to 9 -sic- documents at the same time, a
few 'vi'-isms thrown in etc.) I don't know whether 'WordPerfect', in your eyes,
qualifies as a "WP", but if it does, you should be able to get
it for a BSD Unix too.  Contact the nearest 'WordPerfect' representative or
dealer.  If you belong to an educational institution you will
get 'WordPerfect' for half the PC version price!

In my eyes 'vi' is much more fleixble, competent and clever than 'WordPerfect'
and the better "WP" of the two so I stick to 'vi' ... :-)  This is my
personal opinion - no flames, please.