AIX - How is it?

Gil Kloepfer Jr. gil at limbic.UUCP
Fri Jul 7 03:43:47 AEST 1989

I am being asked to investigate the possibility of using AIX for a client
who demands that software/hardware come from "big blue."  Has anyone
used AIX yet?  If so, how well/poorly does it function?  How does it compare
to AT&T System V.3?  What machines in the workstation/PC hardware class does
it support (ie. ATs, 386 (or PS/2), PC/RT)?  Are there any specific
porting considerations?  Does AIX have reasonable graphics support?

Answers recommending that we use something else don't count, as we may not
have a choice.

Please followup to me via e-mail, and I will post a summary if I get
sufficient responses.  Thanks.

Gil.

---------