ulimit error on at/batch commands

James Bander bander at cs.odu.edu
Wed Jul 19 13:59:40 AEST 1989

I am unable to use either the batch command or the at command.  Using either
one results in a mail message with something to the effect of:

     -sh:   bad ulimit

Can anyone shed any light on the problem?   I am running AT&T UNIX V/386 3.2
on an AT&T 6386E WGS.  The system has only been up for a few weeks; as far as
I know, we have always had this problem.

Jim Bander, Tidewater Consultants, Inc., Virginia Beach, VA

                                          Internet:  bander at cs.odu.edu
                                          Ma Bell:   (804) 497-8951
                                          USnail:    160 Newtown Rd. #415
                                                     Va. Beach, VA 23462

"The presence of humans, in a system containing high-speed electronic
computers and high-speed, accurate communications, is quite inhibiting."
                                                 --Stuart L. Seaton, 1958