vi buffer usage

Bob McGowen x922-4312 Training bob at wyse.wyse.com
Tue Jul 25 09:48:42 AEST 1989

In article <493 at cadlab.cadlab.de> berni at cadlab.UUCP (Bernhard Kraft) writes:
>   map g OInsertedText^["gdd
>
>This was an attempt to put a text into the buffer g , when I type g.

I have tried to do what Bernhard Kraft appears to be trying.  I can see
the Inserted_Text on the screen, it disappears, as expected but cannot
be found **anywhere** (not in the named buffers nor the unnamed), but
entering the commands totally manually, or breaking it up into two parts,
one for the insert, the other for the delete, work fine:

	map q OInsertedText^[
	map g "gdd

Entering q adds the text, g deletes it to buffer g, and I can put it
from buffer g.

????

Bob McGowan  (standard disclaimer, these are my own ...)
Customer Education, Wyse Technology, San Jose, CA
..!uunet!wyse!bob
bob at wyse.com