how do I stop uucico mailing uucp?

Ronald K. Wright rwright at novavax.UUCP
Thu Jul 20 20:04:43 AEST 1989

In article <HARRY.89Jul17194133 at marvin.moncam.co.uk> harry at moncam.co.uk (Jangling Neck Nipper) writes:
>I like to have uucp mail forwarded to me, in case things go wrong.
>However, since changing from ukuucp (2.0) to Sun uucp (release 4.0.1,
>sorry, don't know the uucp version), I've had TWO mail messages for
>every call of uucico (even when there's NO WORK) and a further two for
>every call of uuxqt whenever there's mail or news.

I found most of this was coming from some programs called
/usr/lib/uucp/uuclean and /usr/lib/uucp/uuadm which are run out of
crontab.  These programs are shell scripts and can be easily modified
to change their behavior.  Try examining roots crontab file, and see
if the times of the messages match the times that the uuclean scripts
are run. If they do, you found your culprit.
If not, well good luck. :=)
rkw