Analyzing 386 Unix file system performance

Brian Litzinger brian at apt.UUCP
Tue Jul 4 04:41:46 AEST 1989

I was wondering what tools, Public Domain or otherwise, are
available to help me determine the best interleave for my
SCSI drive?

I am running Interactive V.3.2 version of UNIX on a 386 Box.  I'm
using the scsi driver posted to the net by Mr. Tatu Ylonen for
Microport Unix.

Mr. Ylonen suggests optimizing the interleave for best performance,
and I was wondering how to determine which interleave factor is best.

-brian

<>  Brian Litzinger @ APT Technology Inc., San Jose, CA
<>  UUCP:  {apple,sun,pyramid}!daver!apt!brian    brian at apt.UUCP
<>  VOICE: 408 370 9077      FAX: 408 370 9291