Momentum replies (summary)

Nick Sayer nsayer at uop.EDU
Wed Jul 5 17:16:38 AEST 1989

This time it worked. I have received replies so far from 4 folks concerning
the mysterious unix box sitting before me.

One offered to help me find past employees of Momentum, which I will
follow up on tomorrow.

One pointed out that appearantly the system III software currently sitting
on it has been superceded by system V. Presuming system V will run on
this system, it appears this computer will not be as useless as I have
feared in dark moments.

The third mentioned the enigmatic name "Unisoft." I'll have to see about
that later...

The fourth gave me a physical description of a Momentum "Hawk" system, which
matched the present system quite well. He mentioned that the architecture
of the system was appearantly one of a main cage/power supply with
possibly a unibus structure, with an 8 inch hard disk, a cartridge drive,
a RAM board, Serial board and the whole thing runs an operating system
by this same "Unisoft" bunch.

Well, I have plenty to go on for now. I imagine getting this thing
rehabed will consist of contacting "Unisoft" and buying a tape
for the beastie, patching the drivers a bit, and there we are.
At least that's the naive version. Oh yes - some docs for the
ROM debugger would be superb.

And so off we go!