Is this a ksh bug?

Paul De Bra debra at alice.UUCP
Fri Jul 21 00:45:19 AEST 1989

In article <554 at tijc02.UUCP> djm408 at tijc02.UUCP (David Marks         ) writes:
}Has anybody seen the following behavior in ksh?
}
}Assuming that the current directory is /usr/me (this does not affect the bug)
}
}1. make a subdirectory of the current directory that contains a colon in it:
}    "mkdir c:"
}
}2. cd to that directory: "cd c:" Current directory is now /usr/me/c:
}
}3. make a subdirectory of the current directory: "mkdir xyz"
}
}4. cd to that directory: "cd xyz"
}
}you should get: "ksh: xyz not found"
}...
Yep, happens here too.
Don't know what causes it. I can make a guess of course.
It looks like names starting with 'something:' are interpreted as
meaning go to machine 'something'... (just a guess).

My machine is a Microvax II running the ninth edition Unix.
The ksh was taken from "alice" and is dated February 29, 1989.

Paul.