gov't certified "secure" Unix

Scott "The Pseudo-Hacker" Neugroschl abcscnge at csuna.csun.edu
Thu Jul 20 12:39:17 AEST 1989

In article <310 at pwa-b.UUCP> miorelli at pwa-b.UUCP (BoB Miorelli) writes:
=
=Are any Unix systems certified as `secure' by the government?  I'm
=looking for versions and level of security (such as C2, B1, etc.)
=Any info would be GREATLY appreciated.
=

I believe Gould has a C2 Unix.

Also, a few months back, Government Computer News ran an article about an
A1(!) kernel that DEC either was working on or certified or both.  It claimed
that Unix could run on top of this kernal.  Believe or not.

Scott

--
Scott "The Pseudo-Hacker" Neugroschl
UUCP:  ...!sm.unisys.com!csun!csuna.csun.edu!abcscnge