XEROX invisible man pages

Paul Hargrove m20992 at mwvm.mitre.org
Sat Jul 15 07:08:18 AEST 1989

  I am the sysop on a CYBER910 workstation (nice piece of equipment if any of
you ever get a chance to try one).  The machine has only 4 terminals and is
used by about 20 people, so it is imperative that a user be able to get the
most out of what little time he/she gets at a given terminal, regardless of
which terminal they get stuck at.  I use the term 'stuck' because one of the
terminals is a PC clone made by XEROX, emulation a VT100 terminal, which
displays a very annoying problem.  All of the underlined and bold/inverse text
of the very well written man pages comes out as invisible text on the XEROX's
monochrome monitor.  I know what a termcap entry is, but don't have the
documentation or the know-how to try to write or modify one to work with the
XEROX.  I hope that perhaps there is a wizard out there who can help with a
termcap entry or some other helpful hint.  I'm sorry I have no other
information to give.  I have no documentation for the XEROX clone or the com
package, QVT, which is running on the XEROX.
*
*        Paul
         "My name is Entigo Montoyo you kill -9 my parent process ...
          prepare to vi!"