troff and eof

Nick Crossley nick at ccicpg.UUCP
Sat Mar 4 19:07:26 AEST 1989

I need to get some text printed after the end of a troff document.
So, I use .em to set up an end-of-input trap, and in that I put my
text.  So far, so good.  However, I want that text on a new page.
So, I add a .bp request before the text.  Unfortunately, this does not
work.  n/troff (and ditroff) exit *within* the .bp call and never process
the additional text I want on the next page.

Actually, it is a bit more complex than that.  There is a page footer
trap, invoked during the .bp in my .em macro.  This page footer does get
processed.  It does a 'bp, and that is the one which never returns.

Does anyone know of some way of getting a .em macro to add a trailing page
of text??
--

<<< standard disclaimers >>>
Nick Crossley, CCI, 9801 Muirlands, Irvine, CA 92718-2521, USA. (714) 458-7282