Bumping Major Revision Numbers under SCCS

Mark Lawrence mark at drd.UUCP
Thu Mar 23 04:29:51 AEST 1989

I've got some source sitting in a hierarchy that I've been hacking along
on and making checkpoints (under SCCS) here and there and I've reached a
milestone.  I want to bump the revision number on all the source in the
tree to reflect that.  I know that if everything is checked in, I can
start grabbing files out by saying 'sccs edit -r# filename' but I'd
rather not depend on other folks and my memory to do so.  I could do a
wholesale checkout but I don't want to leave EVERYTHING checked out in
my name.  I could do a wholesale checkout and chekin but that means the
next revision number for each file will be #.2 vice #.1.  There's gotta
be a way to inform SCCS that all files are now at major revision level
'n' vice 'n-1' without resorting the aforementioned measures.  I've not
been able to discern it from the man pages.  Is there?

Mark
--
"Governor Henry Bellmon today declared 18 eastern counties a disaster
area because of the massive chicken fatalities incurred in a recent