C bug causes double fault

Tom Frauenhofer tvf at cci632.UUCP
Tue Mar 21 07:11:03 AEST 1989

In article <9884 at smoke.BRL.MIL> gwyn at brl.arpa (Doug Gwyn (VLD/VMB) <gwyn>) writes:
>You'll undoubtedly get a flood of responses correctly pointing out
>that conversion of a double (promoted float) argument according to
>an int format is incorrect.  Use %g or some such format specifier.

I'll give you the point, Doug, but his point remains valid.  On Microport V/AT,
what he wrote causes a kernel panic.  That doesn't seem to be reasonable
behavior for an OS/library routine/whatever.

(P.S.: Your group suggestion was correct, but I would have limited it to
       comp.unix.microport myself.  I'm not limiting my reply in deference
       to the original posting.)

Thomas V. Frauenhofer	...!rutgers!rochester!cci632!ccird7!tvf
*or* ...!rochester!cci632!ccird7!frau!tvf *or* ...!rochester!rit!anna!ma!tvf1477
BLOOM: You can't shoot the actors!  They're human beings!
BIALYSTOCK: Oh Yeah?  You ever eat with one?