termcap description

John - DeBert A-N-Onymouse at cup.portal.com
Sat Mar 11 08:20:49 AEST 1989

In article <1471 at umbio.MIAMI.EDU> jhom at umbio.MIAMI.EDU (Joe Homrighausen)
 writes:

>in article <1571 at amelia.nas.nasa.gov>, samlb at pioneer.arc.nasa.gov (Sam Bassett RCD) says:
>> 	RTFM 'man 5 termcap'
>
>Is that "Read The Fine Manual" ;-) No kidding? I'm sorry if that's what
>you thought what I asked for. What I needed was a technical description
>of each entry and all the "acronyms" in there -- I know _what_ the
>termcap is.

I thought that by now someone would answer your query but I suppose that
sometimes, people read faster than they can comprehend. (How does one read
news at leisure, especially without Evelyn Wood?)

I am having one hell of a time trying to set up a simple termcap for my HP
terminal and the man/help files are of little help. As a last resort, I've
sent away for the Nutshell book, "Termcap & Terminfo."

Either you'll have to decrypt the man file (provided that you have it) or
you could buy the Nutshell book, "Termcap & Terminfo," from O'Reilly &
Associates. Contact uunet!ora!nuts for info.

J DeBert
A-N-Onymouse at cup.portal.com
onymouse at netcom.UUCP [...!sun!amdahl!dlb!netcom!onymouse]