ksh88 problems

Arnold D. Robbins {EUCC} arnold at mathcs.emory.edu
Tue Mar 7 06:26:55 AEST 1989

In article <3777 at emory.mathcs.emory.edu> I wrote:
>Ksh can still be made to core dump on a sun by typing a 'read' command with
>no options or variable names.  This is supposed to set the REPLY variable.
>I have told David about this though. (I just hope the email gets to him
>before this article propogates.)

Here is Dave Korn's bug fix:

| From: research!ulysses!dgk at research.att.com
| Subject: Re: ksh problems
|
| I thought that I had fixed this.  The fix is to change line 768 of
| sh/builtin.c from
| 			if((a1=strchr(a1,'?')) && tty_check(fd))
| 			if(a1 && (a1=strchr(a1,'?')) && tty_check(fd))

I also found the problem in the man page. There is a spot where it says

	.if \X=0 .IR rsh .
	.if \X=1 .IR rksh .

Both of these should be \nX.  I have found a few typos in the man page
and may post full diffs later, that is not as critical though.

Again, my hat's off (figuratively) to Dave Korn for his work and his help.
--
Unix is a Registered   | Arnold Robbins -- Emory University Computing Center
Bell of AT&T Trademark | DOMAIN: arnold at unix.cc.emory.edu
Laboratories.          | UUCP: gatech!emory!arnold	PHONE:	+1 404 727-7636
        -- Donn Seeley | BITNET: arnold at emoryu1		FAX:	+1 404 727-2599