Anybody got an interactive window painter for SunView?

Timothy Reed treed at dasys1.UUCP
Fri Mar 31 15:07:39 AEST 1989

Two good tools:

Autocode is pretty good if you're cranking out C sunview applications.
you have to know the difference between a frame and a panel, and you
have to really be a C programmer to fill in the blanks between the
window code.  Definitely cuts the user interface portion of sunview
programming to nothing.  Window design is interactive - pasting the
window code into your application is not.

Tooltool is the real thing, though.  A good shell programmer can
generate a sunview application in *20 minutes*.  I'm not kidding -
tooltool is an incredible piece of software, and it's free!  I;ve wanted
to put out 'moriatool' for 6 months, but never had the time to do it -
with tooltool, I realized the dream in 30 minutes.  Window design is
non-interactive, but the programming language is flexible enough that
you don't miss interactivity too much.  It's available in
source form from the sun archive server at Rice U.

Timothy Reed
Shearson Lehman Hutton
..!uunet!slcpi!slhcmg!tim
Do not 'r' to this article