cleanup script needed

rkumar at buddha.usc.edu rkumar at buddha.usc.edu
Sun Mar 5 05:54:47 AEST 1989

This may be quite silly to the UNIX wizards.

1) Frequently I need to erase unnecessary files to save space.
It would be nice to have a script which removes all
the files with a specified extension, e.g., .dvi or .aux
not only in the current directory, but in all the
children directories recursively.
Will rm -r *.dvi do the job? Since it is an "rm" command,
I don't want to try it out ...

2) Sometimes I create a file in a directory which is deep
down in a directory hierarchy. Any quick way to search for
a file, given its name/template?

Thanks
Ravi
--- :-)
Pardon me, but UNIX *is* male chauvinistic. Look at all those
*man* commands!
--- :-(