Thanks (was: How to determine file being redirected to in C)

Roger A. Cornelius rac at sherpa.UUCP
Thu Mar 2 13:13:56 AEST 1989

    Just wanted to say thanks for all the replies I received to
    my question about determining if output is being redirected
    to a file, from within a C program.  Basically everyone gave
    me the same answer, that is to use stat or fstat.

    I didn't need to know the name of the file being redirected
    to as many people thought, only whether the input/output was
	being redirected.  From the replies I got, this is a good thing.

    Thanks again,
    Roger
--
     Roger Cornelius       rac at sherpa