MKS vi initialization (was Re: vi-like editor for the IBM PC)

Billy G. Allie bga at bgalli.eds.com
Thu Mar 2 14:33:48 AEST 1989

In article <4872 at sfsup.UUCP>, saal at sfsup.UUCP (+Saal S.) writes:

> How does this [MKS's] vi deal with the ".exrc" file?
> I assume there is a variable you can set somewhere
> that sets the name?

The name of the ".exrc" file for MKS's vi is "ex.rc".  The search order for
this file is the current directory followed by the directory given by the
HOME environmental variable followed by the root directory.  Also, if the
environmental variable EXINIT exists, it's contents (which are ex commands)
will be executed.  This occurs in place of the execution of the commands in
"ex.rc".
____	   | Billy G. Allie	| Internet..: bga at bgalli.eds.com
|-/-|----- | Dearborn, MI 48126	| Compuserve: 76337,2061