4.3 BSD system call vs. system V system call

Guy Harris guy at auspex.UUCP
Fri Mar 3 19:40:08 AEST 1989

>        Are you aware of any software that will replace all 4.3 BSD
>system call to System V system call (running on AT & T).

I'm not aware of any such software, which is not surprising since some
of the 4.3BSD calls are, well, irreplacable; there is no replacement for
"ftruncate", for example.

>How much time do you think this project will take if one workes for 8 h/day!!

About as much time as it'll take for System V Release 4.0 to be released
:-).  (For example, S5R4.0 should have an "ftruncate" equivalent, and if
it isn't "ftruncate" there'll probably be an "ftruncate" library routine
that uses it.)