Driver close system call

Roger Collins rogerc at ncrcae.Columbia.NCR.COM
Fri Mar 31 00:13:00 AEST 1989

In article <4337 at ncrcae.Columbia.NCR.COM> I write:

> Yes.  All files (includes device nodes, regular files, pipes, etc.) are
> closed.

Oops.  The question was does the kernel close the *driver* when a process
terminates?  The answer is clear if you read the rest of my posting,
but just in case:

All the files opened by the process are closed.  If the file that is
the device node for the driver is closed and the reference count is
zero (last close for the device), then... yes, the driver gets closed
when the process terminates.  Otherwise no.