Getting UNIX prompt ; easy questions

Bill.Stewart.[ho95c] wcs at skep2.ATT.COM
Tue Mar 28 12:09:48 AEST 1989

In article <1823 at umbc3.UMBC.EDU> rostamia at umbc3.umbc.edu.UMBC.EDU (Rouben Rostamian) writes:
< P.S.3:  To those people who continue flaming about frequent and repeated
< postings of elementary questions in this news group:  Short of starting
< a comp.unix.questions.elementary, if the answer to the

The group comp.unix.questions was started *specifically* because there
were a lot of questions being asked in comp.unix.wizards that weren't
wizard-level questions - remember that new users need to learn  things,
too, and (after we've reminded them to RTFM) there are a lot of things
that are not obvious to an inexperienced user - even things that are in
the manuals often need a lot of thought, especially because
<heretical statements follow>
	some of the manual pages aren't all that well-written, and
	sometimes you have to know where to look before you look there.

--
# Bill Stewart, AT&T Bell Labs 2G218 Holmdel NJ 201-949-0705 ho95c.att.com!wcs
# Washington, DC.  Raining.  Long, cold, heavy rain.  Been raining for days.