Linking Stub functions for testing

Michael Street mstreet at crash.cts.com
Fri Mar 10 07:26:25 AEST 1989

I'm trying to test a C source code file that contains several separate
functions, one function at a time. To do this, I need to stub out the
other functions by linking in stub functions of the same name. I have
not been able to determine how to do this as the linker returns a
multiply defined symbol error. There should be a way to tell the Link
Editor to ignore any previous definitions and use the last one. I do
not want to touch the existing source file.

I would appreciate any help in this matter. Thank you.

				Michael Street
--
UUCP: {cbosgd, hplabs!hp-sdd, sdcsvax, nosc}!crash!mstreet
ARPA: crash!mstreet at nosc.mil
INET: mstreet at crash.cts.com
PAPERNET: 1184 Blackbird St.  El Cajon,  CA.  92020
SOUNDNET: (619) 449-3515

Spock: "They are not the hell your whales."