rcp

Jonathan Knight jonathan at cs.keele.ac.uk
Wed Mar 1 19:34:22 AEST 1989

>From article <18479 at adm.BRL.MIL>, by Leisner.Henr at xerox.com (Marty):
> Here's (hopefully a simple one) --
>
> I want to rcp between two machines which support it.
>
> I have different accounts on both machines.

I have a similar situation.  I put a .rhosts file in my home directory
like this:

For host1 I have:
host2 username2

For host2 I have
host1 username1

Then to rcp a file from host1 to host2 while logged into host1

rcp file host2.username2:file

and to rcp from host2 to host1 while logged into host1

rcp host2.username2:file file

Of course you should remember to remove the .rhosts files when you
no longer need them :-).
--
  ______    JANET :jonathan at uk.ac.keele.cs     Jonathan Knight,
    /       BITNET:jonathan%cs.kl.ac.uk at ukacrl Department of Computer Science