Same questions again and again.... Sigh!

Bruce Barnett barnett at crdgw1.crd.ge.com
Mon Mar 27 13:40:23 AEST 1989

In article <TALE.89Mar25015020 at ts.its.rpi.edu>, tale at its (David C Lawrence) writes:
>$cwd
>works just fine for people who don't care where they REALLY are in
>the directory tree (ie, those who never bother with .. ).  However,
>for those of us who do use .. as a convenient shorthand way to move
>around directories, $cwd doesn't cut it.

Yes it does, if your csh supports

	set hardpaths

I know SunOS has it. Don't know who originated it.
		==========================
Someone really ought to post a once a month article with an expiration
date a month away answering all of these questions that keep showing up
every other month...

Anyone who can dedicate a little time and effort can do this. Maybe it
wouldn't give every *possible* variation (i.e. shell prompts, undoing rm)
but it could keep those same questions from popping up every so often,
spuring on those dozens of follow-on articles that seem to clog the
wizard/question newsgroups.

With the same Subject line in the regular postings, the regular
readers could Kill that subject automatically, making everyone's life
easier.

--
Bruce G. Barnett	<barnett at crdgw1.ge.com>  a.k.a. <barnett@[192.35.44.4]>
			uunet!steinmetz!barnett, <barnett at steinmetz.ge.com>