ChaosNet [Summary]

Alex Zbyslaw alex at aipna.ed.ac.uk
Tue Mar 21 03:43:28 AEST 1989

I asked a while back about getting ChaosNet up and running on either
Sun 4's, Sun 3's or a 4.3 Vax, as we were hoping to acquire a Symbolics
machine.  I got eleven replies in all (thanks again, folks) most of which
said the same thing:

	Run TCP/IP on your Symbolics.  You can get NFS too.

There you go.

I did get two pointers to 4.3BSD ports of the ChaosNet software which I'll
pass on to enquirers (disclaimer: one of the people offering runs TCP/IP
now!).

My original message mentioned that I had not had good reports of Symbolics'
TCP/IP.  Almost everyone who contacted me did say good things about it, so I
retract the comments I made before.

--Alex

JANET:  alex at uk.ac.ed.eusip			Disclaimer:
ARPA:   alex%ed.eusip at nss.cs.ucl		"I know nothing"
UUCP:   ...{backbone}!mcvax!ukc!eusip!alex	-- Manuel of Fawlty Towers