executing msg commands in .msgrc

Dennis G. Rears FSAC drears at PICA.ARMY.MIL
Fri Mar 17 01:03:07 AEST 1989

 Richard Dean <richardd at uokmax.uucp> writes:

>Is there any way to execute msg commands in your .msgrc?
>
>For example I want to delete all mail from uucp in order
>to just see my 'real' mail.  In msg I:
>
><- delete from: uucp
>
>Thanks in advance

   No. The .msgrc only sets default parameters.  You might want to
check out the man page for .maildelivery.  An entry in your
.maildelivery file to get rid of any mail that has uucp in the from
line is:

>From	uucp		file	A	/dev/null

Beware, because if the from line looks like this:
From:  Thomas A. Buucpat <tab at seito.MMCS.MIL> it won't get to your
		  ^^^^
mailbox.

  For the others on wizards,  he is using msg which is part of the
MMDF (Multi-channel Memo Distribution Facility).  It is an excellent
mailer.

Dennis

			Dennis G. Rears
ARPA: drears at ac4.pica.army.mil   UUCP:  ...!uunet!ac4.pica.army.mil!drears
AT&T: 201-724-6639		 USPS:	Box 210, Wharton, NJ 07885
Work: SMCAR-FSS-E, Bldg 94, Picatinny Ars, NJ 07806