Future at Berzerkeley

Scott Barman scott at dtscp1.UUCP
Wed Mar 29 04:01:15 AEST 1989

In article <13452 at steinmetz.ge.com> davidsen at crdos1.UUCP (bill davidsen) writes:
>In article <4572 at pt.cs.cmu.edu> jps at cat.cmu.edu (James Salsman) writes:
>| BSD code is more accessable; if AT&T wants major innovations
>| under SysV, they are going to have to be more easy-going
>| with the sources and software hooks.
>
>  Really? I thought you had to buy a SysV source license before you
>could get BSD source. Has that changed? Of course there are more
>*unlicensed* copies of BSD around, that I agree.

Speaking of licensing:

	When bsd and System V are merged, will the holders of 32V licenses
still be able to get source to newer bsd versions?  Or will everyone wishing
to get source have to go out and get a SV.4 licence?

	Also, in the recent wave of AT&T f***ing up licensing procedures (it
used to be soooo easy), are they planning any changes for SV.4?

--
scott barman
{gatech, emory}!dtscp1!scott