SysV bcopy?

Roger A. Cornelius rac at sherpa.UUCP
Tue Mar 21 05:11:15 AEST 1989

>From article <9876 at smoke.BRL.MIL>, by gwyn at smoke.BRL.MIL (Doug Gwyn ):
> In article <114 at sherpa.UUCP> rac at sherpa.UUCP (Roger A. Cornelius) writes:
>>Is there a routine in the system V library analogous to BSD's bcopy().
>
> memcpy() is analogous but its arguments are in a different order.
> memcpy() is decribed under MEMORY(3C) in most System V PRMs.
> bcopy() is described under BSTRING(3) in the 4BSD PRM.
> In case you don;t have BSD documentation (why not?),

I don't have access to a BSD machine.  I'm just trying to compile the
BSD indent program, which has a call to bcopy().

> just swap the first two arguments and change the name from bcopy to memcpy.
> Be sure to include <memory.h> to get memcpy()'s type declared
> correctly.

Thanks.  Other replies just said to use memcpy.  They didn't mention
the args were reversed.

Thanks to everyone else who replied also.

Roger
--
Roger Cornelius       rac at sherpa
                      uunet!sherpa!rac