What will this do?

rkumar at buddha.usc.edu rkumar at buddha.usc.edu
Thu Mar 2 07:08:18 AEST 1989

In article <15596 at oberon.USC.EDU> rkumar at buddha.usc.edu (That's me!) writes:
> Silly question about .login .. .logout deleted!

Here is the summary of the answers I got.

Having a login in .logout file won't have much effect, it log you out
and come back with a login prompt. But if you have a logout in your .login
file, you will be loged out as soon as you login. But it doesn't mean you
cann't do any thing with it. After enter your passward, hit intr key
(usually ctrl-c) to stop the login session, you will be in without executing
you .login file.

Thanks for responding!

--- :-)
Pardon me, but UNIX *is* male chauvinistic. Look at all those
*man* commands!
--- :-(