rcp

Marty Leisner.Henr at xerox.com
Wed Mar 1 07:05:00 AEST 1989

Here's (hopefully a simple one) --

I want to rcp between two machines which support it.

I have different accounts on both machines.

I've looked at the documents on .rhosts files and I'm not sure what it's
all about..  I have each machine with an  .rhosts file in my home directory
which looks like:
host1 user1
host2 user2

No matter what I do (I'm playing with rsh and rcp) I get:
Permission denied.

I have no problem rcp'ing from each machine with NCSA telnet on ms/dos.
(There's no password protection or security enabled with NCSA telent). Now
how do I get these machines to talk rcp to each other?

(FTP works with no problem -- but I want something a little more seamless).

marty
ARPA:	leisner.henr at xerox.com
GV:  leisner.henr
NS:  martin leisner:wbst139:xerox