Wait, signal

Hans Buurman hans at duttnph.UUCP
Thu Mar 2 01:29:23 AEST 1989

In article <8983 at alice.UUCP> debra at alice.UUCP () writes:
>"vrijgeven" is not just a common way to represent this in ASCII, it IS
>the correct spelling for the word. Dutch has no "y" with 2 dots above it,
>though many people think so.
>
>Paul.
>
>(PS: yes, dutch is my native language.)

Zoiets :-).

There is a combination of i and j, written together, though. It is present
on Dutch typewriters and such. It looks like:

	o	o

	|	|
	|	|
	|	|
	\_______/

	\_______/

so like a u with umlaut and a descender.
Followup to comp.lang.dutch please.

	Hans

Hans Buurman                   | hans at duttnph.UUCP
Pattern Recognition Group      | mcvax!hp4nl!dutrun!duttnph!hans
Faculty of Applied Physics     | tel. 31 - (0) 15 - 78 46 94
Delft University of Technology |