Import variables in to awk.

Randal Schwartz merlyn at iwarp.intel.com
Sun Nov 19 04:34:55 AEST 1989

In article <15924 at bloom-beacon.MIT.EDU>, jik at athena (Jonathan I. Kamens) writes:
| 1. Why isn't this mentioned in the BSD man page awk(1), or in the
|    /usr/doc documentation about awk?

I got it by looking through the source.  That's the One True Way to
know things about UNIX.  Too bad the commercial world has seen fit to
lock up the sources now that they "support" (ha!) things.

Just another person who's read *every* line of the V7 source,
--
/== Randal L. Schwartz, Stonehenge Consulting Services (503)777-0095 ====\
| on contract to Intel's iWarp project, Hillsboro, Oregon, USA, Sol III  |