Emptying out my question queue........

Farooq Butt fmbutt at lectroid.sw.stratus.com
Wed Nov 29 14:56:30 AEST 1989

Hi there NET-OIDS:

My question queue finally overflowed and here are the little ones that
I had saved up for a rainy day....:-)

	1. I need a copy of the Berkeley BSD4.(2 or 3) documentation
  	   on sendmail.  What I am talking about is NOT the manual
	   pages but rather the sendmail "article" (much like the
	   Berkeley mail (mailx?) article explaining in English what
	   mail is about etc. etc.).  What I am trying to get from this
	   is a reasonable English description of what the internal sendmail
	   gobbledegook -- the stuff that looks like line noise--
	   actually. OK OK hold your flames BSD wizards
	   I know that the obscurity of the aforesaid gobbledegook
	   is held in venerated esteem by many, but I ACTUALLY want
	   to play around with our sendmail!!! :-)

	   On a related note; where are the roff sources for all
	   lovely articles about mail, vi, sccs etc. etc. actually
	   kept?  I was once supplied with a 2 inch thick set of them
	   with a BSD tape but I was never able to discover where
	   the sources (if any) were....help

(whoooooosh, major subject change ahead.....)

	2. When and where is the next USENIX conference ? What is
	   a good way to get in touch with the USENIX organizing
	   body ?

	3. Does anyone have the address of where to send for Tahoe
	   tapes ? How much does 4.3BSD Tahoe for a VAX cost ?

	4. Can anyone direct me to some *good* documentation (preferably
	   online) about BSD nameservers (in.named).

Whew, that about uses up my quota.  I put myself at your mercy :-)

Thanks,
Farooq Butt
fmbutt at lectroid.sw.stratus.com
....uunet!lectroid!fmbutt