Supress Error Message

mel mel at fleet.UUCP
Thu Nov 23 21:13:45 AEST 1989

I'm using the following "C" script to check for the presence of unsent
mail etc under Xenix 386 ver 2.3.1.

#! /bin/csh
#
# call only on demand
#
foreach i (rex cbay)
    foreach j (/usr/spool/uucp/$i/C.$i*)
        if (-e $j) then
            /usr/lib/uucp/uucico -r1 -s$i
        endif
        break
    end
end

The above script is triggered by the following line in my root cron file.

0,15,30,45  * * * *     csh /usr/lib/uucp/uucall >/dev/null

Whenever either the directories the script is checking for are empty
and/or erased by uuclean an error message like the following is sent to
the root user. (These keep filling up my root mail file every 15 minutes.)

Cron: The previous message is the standard output
      and standard error of one of your cron commands.