Berkley-isms (was: Why no job control in 386/ix)

Pim Zandbergen pim at cti-software.nl
Tue Nov 21 05:18:32 AEST 1989

Kemp at DOCKMASTER.NCSC.MIL writes:

>Just for the record, is there *any* way to do a recursive copy
>correctly?  I.e.  one that doesn't:

> * turn symbolic links into actual files
> * turn link loops into a series of infinitely nested copies
> * alter the modify and change times
> * choke on block and character special files
> * turn holes in sparse files into real disk blocks

I think afio will do this. I am not sure about the symlink
stuff, though, as we're a SYS V only site.
Pim Zandbergen                                   domain : pim at cti-software.nl
CTI Software BV                                  uucp   : ..!uunet!ctisbv!pim
Laan Copes van Cattenburch 70                    phone  : +31 70 542302
2585 GD The Hague, The Netherlands               fax    : +31 70 512837