another nice one

Liam R. E. Quin lee at sq.sq.com
Tue Nov 14 10:45:33 AEST 1989

Kenneth L Moore writes (about his voluminous .signature):
> Also, I don't consider it useless garbage. It allows someone to easily
> identify me. That was its purpose and it seems to serve it pretty well.

No; its purpose is to help people to reply to you with electronic
mail.  That is why people are only counting the 240 characters of @-signs,
not the first line.
If your .signature had contained your Postal Address (for example),
I expect that no-one would have thought anything about it.

Isn't there something in one of the comp.newusers.renamed.today postings
about this?  (it used to be in mod.announce.newuser, I think, but I have
not received that sort of group since then, sorry).

Lee
--
Liam R. Quin, Unixsys (UK) Ltd [note: not an employee of "sq" - a visitor!]
lee at sq.com (Whilst visiting Canada from England)