RTFM

matt robinson yakker at ucrmath.UCR.EDU
Fri Nov 10 13:01:12 AEST 1989

In article 20515 yahoo at unix.cis.pitt.edu (Kenneth L Moore) writes:
>In article 9 chuckb at lotex.UUCP (Chuck Bentley) writes:
>==>In article <20486 at unix.cis.pitt.edu==> yahoo at unix.cis.pitt.edu
>==>(Kenneth L Moore) writes:
>
>==>RTFM.  Try reading _something_ relating to UNIX before posting.
>==>Also, do you
>==>have any idea how much bandwidth your signature uses?
>==>
>==>		Chuck...	..!moray!lotex!chuckb

>What does RTFM mean?

Read The F***ing Manual.  It's a figure of speech one of our old
systems administrators used to give to C.S. students asking dumb
quick questions.

"Behold, God, is my salvation, I       |   Internet:    yakker at ucrmath.ucr.edu
will trust, and not be afraid.."      |+|      UUCP:    ...ucsd!ucrmath!yakker
                                     |+|+|
"What lies behind you and what lies  |+|+|        The University of California
before you pales insignificant when   |+|                         at Riverside
compared to what lies within you.."    |        Department of Computer Science