export vars from cshell script?

Perry Hutchison perry at ccssrv.UUCP
Fri Nov 17 13:56:54 AEST 1989

In article <1815 at gazette.bcm.tmc.edu> heidi at kiwi.bcm.tmc.edu (Heidi Johnson)
writes:

>Is there an equivalent in the Cshell to the Bourne shell's export
>facility?  We have would like to define new environment variables in a
>shell, and have them be known to subsequent processes.

There is not an exact equivalent, but similar functionality is available.
In Bourne shell, all variables are set with "=" and those which are to be
placed in the environment are "export"ed.  In C shell, variables created
with "setenv" are placed in the environment while those created with "set"
are private.