cu flow control

John Gilbertson johng at NCoast.ORG
Thu Nov 16 18:33:53 AEST 1989

I am having a flow control problems between two NCR Towers that are connected
via a leased line and using Racal-Vadic mutiplexers. The modems are BELL DSU's
configured to run at 9600 bps. We would like to run 4 lines bidirectionally
between these two machines, but if the total line rate exceeds 9600, there is
data lost in receiving. The systems have been defined in both Systems files
properly and we are using "cu" to make the connection between a terminal on
machine A to a port on machine B. ex:  cu machineB.

Is there a problem with cu in that it will not handle flow proplerly. We
have tried the %nostop toggle without any success.

If the problem is in cu, are there any other products available that would
allow automatic line selection (like cu) and handle the necessary hand-
shaking properly.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance

John Gilbertson