vi editor enhancement request

Jonathan I. Kamens jik at athena.mit.edu
Tue Nov 21 14:04:20 AEST 1989

In article <1634 at crdos1.crd.ge.COM> davidsen at crdos1.UUCP (bill davidsen)
writes:
>  emacs is more universal because it is on more types of systems. If you
>are operating in a very sheltered environment which is UNIX only you
>don't care, but having portable p.d. version of emacs makes it more
>widely available.

  Ah, of course.... I was committing the cardinal sin of assuming that
the whole world's a Unix box :-)

  I forgot that we even have emacs on our Mac....

  However, I got the impression from the message to which I was
replying that the original poster was trying to say that emacs was
more universal *in the Unix world*, and I still maintain that that's
just not so....

Jonathan Kamens			              USnail:
MIT Project Athena				11 Ashford Terrace
jik at Athena.MIT.EDU				Allston, MA  02134
Office: 617-253-8495			      Home: 617-782-0710