Recursive copy

Chip Salzenberg chip at ateng.com
Wed Nov 22 09:23:57 AEST 1989

According to Kemp at DOCKMASTER.NCSC.MIL:
>Just for the record, is there *any* way to do a recursive copy
>correctly?  I.e.  one that doesn't:
>
> * turn symbolic links into actual files
> * turn link loops into a series of infinitely nested copies
> * alter the modify and change times
> * choke on block and character special files
> * turn holes in sparse files into real disk blocks

If you've got SCO Xenix, "copy -rom" will copy special files correctly and
preserve access and modification times.
--
You may redistribute this article only to those who may freely do likewise.
Chip Salzenberg at A T Engineering;  <chip at ateng.com> or <uunet!ateng!chip>