symbolic link filemodes unchangeable.

Randal Schwartz merlyn at iwarp.intel.com
Sun Nov 19 04:44:40 AEST 1989

In article <24818 at sequent.UUCP>, paulr at sequent (Paul Reger) writes:
| Why can't you change the filemodes of a symbolic link ? :
Two parts to the answer:

(1) you can't, but luckily

(2) you don't need to.  The bits are never looked at.  Don't worry, B happy.

(Suprisingly, the *last* time I heard this topic brought up was while
*I* was at Sequent; I was employee #64 there...)

Just another <something> hacker,
--
/== Randal L. Schwartz, Stonehenge Consulting Services (503)777-0095 ====\
| on contract to Intel's iWarp project, Hillsboro, Oregon, USA, Sol III  |